At E&M we are able to provide a one-stop property service to our portfolio of Landlords and tenants. Our teams of highly trained professionals are committed to providing high levels of service to our customers whilst focusing on the integrated solutions we deliver.
The key services offered by E&M are:
Ground Rent Management
We offer ground rent management services to Landlords, Management Companies or Residents Associations. On your behalf we will fulfil all lease obligations:
- Issue rent demand notices on due dates in compliance with Leasehold Reform Act stipulations.
- Collect ground rent directly from leaseholders on the due dates set out in the lease.
- Investigate ground rent arrears.
- Manage rent reviews.
- Mediate and advise on Landlord and tenant issues.
Freehold Purchases and Lease Extensions
- Qualifying leasehold tenants have the right to extend their lease or purchase their freehold under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 in respect of houses, and similar rights are also available for qualifying leasehold tenants in respect of flats under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- We offer a complete and integrated process to enable you to purchase your freehold or extend your lease.
- Standard leases for flats generally include an obligation for either the Landlord to insure, or for the insurance to be placed with the Landlord's nominated agency. There is usually also a proviso to add additional risk cover at the Landlord's discretion.
- If your Landlord is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of your block of flats, we will appoint an agent to deal with these responsibilities on our behalf. We do not deal with maintenance in-house. Please contact our Block Management Department for further clarification.
- If your property has been purchased as a Leasehold interest, you may need the Freeholder’s consent should you wish to make any alterations or additions to your property or in respect of other matters such as sub-letting your property.
- Our consultants will check your lease and provide expert advice on whether or not consent is required.
- Please go to our FAQ’s for more detailed information.
- When a tenant sells a leasehold property the purchaser’s solicitors will generally request certain information from the Freeholder. Typically this will relate to whether the ground rent has been paid up to date and whether the terms of the lease have been complied with.
- Our administration department deals with all these matters for a small fee. In the case of flats, the purchaser's solicitors will probably also need to contact the property manager to obtain information on service charge matters.